The millennia-old Chinese art of Feng Shui serves as more than just a guide to harmonizing your living or workspace with the surrounding Qi (energy). It is, in fact, a compelling conduit for beckoning prosperity and wealth into your life.
Deep within the rich tapestry of Feng Shui, the strategic use of symbols stands as a dominant, potent force.
Join us as we illuminate the path to abundance by exploring the most powerful money attraction symbols in Feng Shui, treasures that can unlock the door to your financial prosperity.
Table of Contents
The Principle of Feng Shui
Feng Shui is a fascinating, complex system that uses energy forces to harmonize individuals with their surroundings. It’s about arranging your environment to balance the energies and achieve good fortune, good health, and wealth.
Curious to know more about it? Visit our comprehensive guide, Feng Shui 101, to get you started.
Feng Shui Areas of Wealth: Finding Your Wealth Corners
In Feng Shui, there are designated areas within your living or workspace known as ‘wealth corners.’ These zones are particularly auspicious and are believed to be the focal points of financial energy flow. To amplify prosperity and attract more wealth,
Feng Shui practitioners often recommend accentuating these corners with certain money-attracting symbols.
Placing appropriate wealth symbols in this area enhances wealth energy. To fully harness the power of the Wealth Area, understanding your personal Feng Shui Kua number can be extremely beneficial.
How to Find Your Areas of Wealth:
Finding your wealth areas requires a basic understanding of the ‘Bagua,’ a Feng Shui energy map of your space.
Here’s how to locate your wealth corners:
- Obtain a Bagua Map: You can easily find a Bagua map online or purchase one. It usually resembles a grid of nine equal sections, each representing different life areas.
- Stand at the Entrance: Stand at the main entrance of your home or office, looking inward. Hold your Bagua map in front of you. The entrance door should be at the lower edge of the map.
- Locate the Wealth Corner: The far left corner of the Bagua map is the wealth area. From your entrance, look diagonally across the space to find this wealth corner.
Now that you’ve identified your wealth areas, you can use the powerful Feng Shui symbols outlined below to activate these corners and welcome the flow of wealth and prosperity into your life.
Remember, it’s not just about placing symbols; your intention is also vital. Keep a positive mindset, visualize wealth flowing into your space, and let Feng Shui do the rest!
Most Powerful Feng Shui Symbols for Wealth Attraction
1. Golden Toad (金蟾)
Known as the Jin Chan or the Feng Shui Money Frog, this creature is said to appear during full moons near homes that will soon receive good news, typically of increased wealth or monetary gain.
- Proper Usage: To attract abundance, place the Money Frog near your front door with it facing inwards, as if it has just arrived at your home. Avoid placing it in bedrooms or kitchens.
- Tips: The Money Frog is often depicted with a coin in its mouth. It’s considered especially auspicious to place the frog in the “wealth area” of your home or office.
- Important Note: Never place the Money Frog facing directly towards you as it’s seen as the creature spitting out your good fortune.
2. Laughing Buddha (笑佛)
The Laughing Buddha, also known as Budai or Hotei, is a jovial and benevolent figure commonly associated with happiness, contentment, and abundance. A symbol of joy, contentment, and prosperity, the Laughing Buddha is often depicted with beads and a large sack or ingot, representing wealth and prosperity.
His infectious laughter and carefree nature are believed to bring positive energy and good fortune into people’s lives. Many people place statues or images of the Laughing Buddha in their homes or businesses to invite happiness, contentment, and prosperity.
- Proper Usage: Place the Laughing Buddha in a living room or office where he can be seen.
- Tips: Rubbing his belly is said to bring good luck!
- Important Note: Avoid placing the Laughing Buddha in a bathroom or on the floor.
3. Goldfish (金魚)
Goldfish are symbols of wealth and surplus. The Chinese word for fish, ‘Yu’, sounds similar to the words for riches and abundance.
- Proper Usage: Feng shui aquariums or goldfish artworks in the southeast sector of your home or office can attract wealth energy.
- Tips: In a feng shui aquarium, always include one black fish to absorb any negative energy.
- Important Note: Avoid placing the aquarium in bedrooms or kitchens.
4. Dragon (龍)
The dragon symbolizes power, good luck, and success. It is believed to bring about powerful yang energy.
- Proper Usage: Place a dragon symbol in the east sector of your home or office for health, wealth, and prosperity.
- Tips: Pair a dragon with a phoenix for marital happiness.
- Important Note: The dragon should not face sharp corners or edges.
5. Bat (蝠)
Bats are a symbol of good luck and wealth because the Chinese word for bat, ‘fu’ (福), sounds the same as the word for good fortune.
- Proper Usage: Bat decorations can be placed throughout your home to attract positive energy.
- Tips: Five bats represent the five blessings of old age, wealth, health, love of virtue, and a natural death.
- Important Note: The bat should face upwards to keep its good luck from falling out.
6. Wealth Vase (聚寶盆)
A wealth vase is a powerful feng shui talisman to attract abundance and prosperity.
- Proper Usage: Fill the vase with precious items and money, and place it in the wealth corner of your home (southeast).
- Tips: Do not let anyone else touch your wealth vase once it is filled and sealed.
- Important Note: Keep your wealth vase out of sight in a cupboard or covered with a cloth.
7. Citrine (黃水晶)
Citrine is a powerful stone that attracts wealth and abundance. It is often referred to as the ‘Merchant’s Stone’.
- Proper Usage: Place citrine in your wealth corner or cash box, or carry it with you.
- Tips: It’s best to cleanse and charge your citrine regularly.
- Important Note: Never place citrine where it can get exposed to sunlight for a long period; this can fade its color.
8. Ancient Chinese Coins (古錢幣)
Ancient Chinese coins are one of the simplest and most powerful symbols of prosperity and wealth in Feng Shui. These coins are often round with a square hole in the center and were used in ancient China as currency.
Today, they are potent symbols of wealth abundance and are frequently used in Feng Shui practices for money attraction.
- Proper Usage: Chinese coins are often used in groups tied together by a red string. This symbolizes the fusion of heaven (the round shape of the coins) and earth (the square hole). Typically, these coins come in groups of three, five, or seven. The odd numbers are associated with positive yang energy. They can be placed in your wealth areas, carried in wallets or purses, or used in your cash registers if you’re a business owner.
- Tips: To attract wealth, the coins can be hanged on the inside of your front door, not the outside. You want to draw wealth inside your home, not send it out. They can also be hanged in your wealth corner.
- Important Note: The coins should always be positioned with the Yang side facing up. The Yang side has four Chinese characters, while the Yin side has two.
9. Bamboo (富貴竹)
Bamboo represents resilience and abundance. The ‘Lucky Bamboo’ is a significant symbol of good fortune.
- Proper Usage: Place the bamboo in the east for health or southeast for wealth luck.
- Tips: Always keep your Lucky Bamboo in a clean vase with clean water.
- Important Note: Never place your Lucky Bamboo in direct sunlight.
10. Elephant (象)
In Feng Shui, elephants are symbols of high moral strength, patience, wisdom, and longevity. An elephant with its trunk raised up is considered to bring good luck, wealth, and success.
- Proper Usage: Place a statue of an elephant, or a pair of elephants, at the front door facing inward to invite good luck, protection, and stability.
- Tips: The elephant statue used for this purpose should not have any tusks.
- Important Note: Never place elephant symbols in your bathroom, kitchen, or bedroom.
11. Money Tree (金錢樹)
The Money Tree is a popular plant because it creates positive energy, or chi. In Feng Shui, it is considered to bring good luck and prosperity.
- Proper Usage: Place your Money Tree in the southeast direction of your living room for best results.
- Tips: Regularly trimming and taking care of the plant can symbolize continual growth and prosperity.
- Important Note: Avoid placing your Money Tree in the bedroom as it may create too much yang energy, disrupting peaceful sleep.
12. Feng Shui Wealth Ship (風水財富船)
The Wealth Ship is one of the most popular symbols used in Feng Shui to enhance wealth luck. It is used to depict smooth sailing in all your endeavors.
- Proper Usage: Position your Wealth Ship so it appears to be sailing into your home or office from the main door.
- Tips: You can place real money and gold items on the ship for added effect.
- Important Note: The wealth ship should not be placed in bedrooms or kitchens, and it should never appear to be sailing outwards, as that represents your wealth sailing away.
13. Pixiu (貔貅)
Pixiu also known as Tian Lu, Bi Xie or Bai Jie is a mythical creature that resembles a winged lion and is considered a powerful protector in Feng Shui. Known as an auspicious creature of wealth, it has a voracious appetite for gold and silver.
Hence, it is considered one of the most powerful money attraction symbols that attracts and safeguards wealth.
- Proper Usage: The Pixiu should be placed facing towards the main entrance door or window, as it’s believed to ‘consume’ wealth energy entering your home. It should not be placed in bedrooms, bathrooms, or kitchens.
- Tips: When purchasing a Pixiu, opt for one with a considerably open mouth, symbolizing its capability to draw in wealth.
It is best to have two Pixiu figures, as this is seen as particularly auspicious. The male is called Pi, and its head is depicted facing left. The female, Xiu, has its head facing right. Having both the male and female Pixiu symbolizes the perfect balance of Yin and Yang energies and can help attract and retain wealth effectively.
If the Pixiu is worn as a pendant or bracelet, ensure that the head faces outward, as if attracting wealth towards you.
- Important Note: The Pixiu is a fiercely loyal creature, and it’s believed that touching its eyes and mouth may disrespect it. So, refrain from touching these parts of the Pixiu statue.
Additional Tips for Enhancing Wealth Energy in Your Home
Alongside using these powerful symbols, ensure to maintain a clutter-free home, particularly in your wealth area.
The journey to wealth is a journey of self-discovery and self-mastery.Master Chen Wei
The Final Take on Powerful Money Attraction Symbols in Feng Shui
Feng Shui is not about instant gratification. It’s a journey. While symbols are potent tools for attracting wealth, adopting a mindset of abundance and gratitude will exponentially enhance their power.
With these most powerful money attraction symbols, let’s embark on a prosperous journey!
What is the most powerful money attraction symbol in Feng Shui?
The Laughing Buddha and the Money Frog are considered two of the most powerful Feng Shui symbols for attracting wealth. However, the effectiveness can vary depending on the placement and usage in your living space.
Where should I place my Feng Shui wealth symbols for the best effect?
Placement of Feng Shui wealth symbols depends on the specific symbol. For example, a Money Tree is best placed in the southeast sector of your home, the Feng Shui wealth area, while the Wealth Ship should be positioned as if it’s sailing into your home or office.
Can Feng Shui wealth symbols bring prosperity to businesses?
Absolutely! Many businesses use Feng Shui symbols like the Dragon Turtle and the Wealth Ship to invite financial success, attract good fortune, and foster prosperous relationships.
How can I enhance the effect of Feng Shui wealth symbols?
Besides correct placement, maintaining cleanliness, pairing with other symbols, and directing the symbol towards your Kua Number’s prosperous direction can enhance the effectiveness of Feng Shui wealth symbols.
Do I need to perform any rituals for my Feng Shui wealth symbols?
While specific rituals aren’t necessary, it’s recommended to set a positive intention and regularly clean your Feng Shui wealth symbols to ensure they attract the most beneficial energies.
Do Feng Shui wealth symbols work immediately?
While Feng Shui symbols are powerful, results may vary and do not usually occur instantly. Patience, along with a positive mindset and consistent application of Feng Shui principles, can bring noticeable improvements over time.