Utilizing the ancient art of Feng Shui, recognized as one of the most powerful money attraction symbols, can significantly enhance prosperity and good fortune in our lives. One of the widely practiced methods, particularly in the upcoming Feng Shui period 9, involves the use of Chinese coins.
Chinese coins, with their rich history and symbolic importance, serve not merely as a form of currency but as influential catalysts in the manifestation of wealth and positivity. These coins, characterized by their unique square hole in the middle and round shape, are amongst the popular symbols of health and prosperity in the Feng Shui tradition.
Moreover, as we approach 2024, aligning these powerful tools with the lucky Chinese Zodiac signs can bring forth an even more potent energy shift, paving the way for more blessings and opportunities in various aspects of life.
So, if you’re looking to harness the energy of abundance and prosperity in your life, let’s explore the fascinating world of using Chinese coins in Feng Shui.
Table of Contents
The History and Symbolism of Chinese Coins in Feng Shui
Chinese coins, with their unique square hole in the center and round shape, have deep roots in the Chinese culture and Feng Shui practices. These coins were originally used during the ancient Chinese dynasties as regular currency.
In Feng Shui, the round shape of the coins represents heaven, while the square hole symbolizes earth. This heaven-earth connection is believed to attract wealth luck from the cosmic universe.
The most common Chinese coins used in Feng Shui are the ones inscribed with the calligraphy of the Qing Dynasty emperors. These coins are tied with a red string or ribbon to activate their energy as the color red in Feng Shui signifies good luck.
Choosing the Right Chinese Coins for Feng Shui
While employing Chinese coins in Feng Shui, it’s crucial to make well-informed choices. There’s a wide array of options, from genuine antique coins to modern replicas. Both categories carry their own unique vibes and potential benefits.
Which Feng Shui Chinese Coin To Buy?
Real Antiques: The allure of real, antique Chinese coins is undeniable. These coins, minted during various dynastic periods, carry the energy of rich history, and many believe this enhances their Feng Shui power. However, these can be challenging to source and authenticate, and may also carry hefty price tags.
Replicas: On the other hand, replica Chinese coins, which mimic the style and symbolism of their historical counterparts, are more accessible and affordable. Though they lack the historical lineage, replicas can still serve as potent Feng Shui tools. Your intention and belief in their capacity to channel positive energy are key factors in their effectiveness.
Understanding the Number of Coins
In Feng Shui, the number of coins you use carries significant symbolism, directly affecting the type of luck you invite into your life.
- 1 Feng Shui coin meaning: Represents new beginnings and opportunities. It’s suitable to use when starting a new venture or phase of life.
- 2 Feng Shui coins meaning: Symbolize balance and partnerships. Use them to enhance personal relationships or business partnerships.
- 3 Feng Shui coins meaning: The most common arrangement, representing the harmony of heaven, earth, and humanity. It’s highly recommended for attracting wealth and prosperity.
- 4 Feng Shui coins meaning: Generally avoided due to associations with death in Chinese culture. It’s not recommended to use four coins.
- 5 Feng Shui coins meaning: Represents the five elements in Feng Shui, denoting balance and harmony. It’s suitable to use when you want to create a balanced energy in your space.
- 6 Feng Shui coins meaning: Symbolize heavenly blessings and luck. Six coins are a good option if you wish to attract luck from heaven.
- 7 Feng Shui coins meaning: Represents togetherness and the cycle of life. While not as common, it can be used to promote harmony and completeness.
- 8 Feng Shui coins meaning: The number eight is considered the luckiest in Chinese culture and is strongly associated with wealth and prosperity. It’s highly recommended for attracting abundance.
- 9 Feng Shui coins meaning Represents completion and fulfillment, often used to attract enduring luck and abundance. It’s a great choice if you wish to bring a project or phase of your life to a successful completion.
- 10 Feng Shui coins meaning: Symbolizes completion of a cycle and is useful when wanting to start fresh or bring something to an end. You can use it when you’re embarking on a new chapter in your life.
- 11 Feng Shui coins meaning: This number isn’t typically used in Feng Shui. Though it can be seen as a symbol of balance and equality, its use is not common and not explicitly recommended.
- 12 Feng Shui coins meaning: Represents the cyclical nature of time and can be used to attract long-term prosperity and steady progress. It’s suitable to use if you’re focused on long-term goals and steady advancement.
The importance of understanding these aspects can’t be overstated when choosing the right Chinese coins for Feng Shui. It will help you personalize your Feng Shui practices, ensuring you’re channeling the most positive energies for your specific needs and aspirations.
Choosing the Right Material for Feng Shui Chinese Coins
The material of your Chinese coins is an important aspect to consider in Feng Shui. While you’ll find coins made from various materials on the market, two types stand out as the most popular: Bronze and brass.
- Bronze Coins: Bronze is an alloy of copper and tin. It is an excellent conductor of energy and has been used for centuries in the creation of ritual tools and sacred objects. Bronze coins are often considered more potent due to the metal’s historical significance and energy conducting properties. If you’re looking to enhance the energy in your home or office, bronze coins could be a good choice. However, authentic bronze coins can be more expensive and harder to find.
- Brass Coins: Brass is an alloy of copper and zinc. It is known for its durability and resistance to corrosion. Brass is commonly used in the production of modern replicas of Chinese coins due to its bright, gold-like appearance and affordable price. If you’re seeking to invite wealth and prosperity while working within a budget, brass coins are a viable option.
Regardless of the material you choose, remember that the intention and placement of the coins are equally important. Always cleanse and energize your coins before use, and place them according to Feng Shui principles to maximize their potential.
Lastly, avoid plastic or overly shiny, cheap-looking replicas. They are unlikely to possess the same energetic properties as metal coins and may not be as effective in your Feng Shui practice. Quality matters, so it’s worth investing in well-made coins from a reputable source.
How to Enhance Your Luck Using Chinese Coins in Feng Shui
Chinese coins in Feng Shui are powerful symbols of wealth and prosperity. When used correctly, they can help attract positive Chi energy and good luck.
Here’s how you can enhance your luck using these auspicious coins:
1. Feng Shui Chinese Coins in Your Wallet or Purse
Your wallet or purse directly relates to your personal finances. Keeping three Chinese coins tied with a red ribbon in your wallet or purse symbolizes a continuous source of wealth. The coins act as a magnet, attracting more money and abundance into your life.
2. Feng Shui Chinese Coins in Your Business or Work Space
If you run a business, nine coins in your cash register can serve to increase sales and attract more customers. You could also attach them to your accounting books to symbolize the growth of your wealth. In an office setting, place three coins tied with a red ribbon on your desk or computer. This can amplify your productivity, leading to professional success and wealth accumulation.
3. Feng Shui Chinese Coins in the Southeast Sector of Your Home or Office
According to the Bagua map, a fundamental tool in Feng Shui, the southeast sector corresponds to wealth and prosperity. Hanging three, six, or nine coins in this area of your home or office could stimulate the energy of wealth and draw more prosperity into your life.
4. Feng Shui Chinese Coins in the Northwest Area
The northwest sector is associated with helpful people and travel. Positioning six coins here may assist in attracting helpful people or benefactors into your life. Moreover, it could also offer protection during your travels, ensuring your journeys are both safe and fruitful.
5. Feng Shui Chinese Coins with Your Investment Documents
If you have investment documents, attaching three Chinese coins to them could invite wealth energy. It serves as a powerful symbol of the constant growth of your wealth, influencing your investments to multiply and flourish.
6. Feng Shui Chinese Coins Under Your Doormat
An age-old Feng Shui wealth trick involves placing nine coins under your doormat. This practice is said to draw wealth from all nine directions of the compass into your home, ensuring a steady flow of prosperity and abundance.
7. Feng Shui Chinese Coins in Your Bedroom
In Feng Shui, the bedroom is a space for rest and rejuvenation. To enhance the wealth energy in your bedroom, you can place three coins under your bed. This helps to encourage a steady flow of wealth energy while you sleep, contributing to overall abundance.
8. Feng Shui Chinese Coins At Your Business Entrance or Cash Register
For business owners, hanging six coins at the entrance or cash register of your business can invite wealth energy, drawing in more customers and leading to increased sales. The coins act as a beacon, attracting prosperity and business success.
Remember, always tie the coins with a red thread or ribbon in a Yang sequence (heads up) to activate their energy. Cleanse your Chinese coins regularly by washing them with salt water or leaving them under the moonlight on a full moon night to recharge their energy.
9. Feng Shui Chinese Coins in Your Living Room:
In Feng Shui, the living room is considered the heart of the home. Placing nine coins here can help to attract wealth and prosperity. Position them in a high, visible area, such as on a shelf or mantelpiece. This will encourage the flow of wealth energy throughout the entire house.
10. Feng Shui Chinese Coins in Your Car
Transportation is synonymous with movement and progress. Keeping three coins tied with a red ribbon in your car can ensure your journeys are protected and prosperous. Place them in the glove compartment or hang them near the rearview mirror (as long as it doesn’t obstruct your view).
11. Feng Shui Chinese Coins on Your Phone or Computer
If you spend a lot of time on your phone or computer for work, attaching three coins on or near the device can invite wealth energy and increase productivity. Be sure to place them subtly and in a non-obstructive way.
12. Feng Shui Chinese Coins in the Four Corners of Your Property
Placing sets of four coins in the four corners of your property or garden can protect your home from harmful energy. The coins work together to create a boundary that attracts prosperity and repels negative Chi.
13. Feng Shui Chinese Coins in Your Kitchen
The kitchen symbolizes health and wealth in Feng Shui. Hanging three Chinese coins tied with a red thread on the inside of your pantry or cupboard door can encourage abundance in food and nutrition.
14. Feng Shui Chinese Coins in Your Bathroom
The bathroom is often where wealth energy escapes in a home. To prevent this, hang three coins on the inside of your bathroom door. This can help to preserve your wealth.
15. Feng Shui Chinese Coins in Your Study or Library
The study or library is associated with knowledge and self-improvement. Placing six coins here can invite auspicious energy that supports academic success and the growth of personal wisdom.
16. Feng Shui Chinese Coins in Your Safe or Jewelry Box:
Safes and jewelry boxes are storage spaces for valuable items. Place nine coins here to signify an abundance of wealth and precious treasures.
17. Place Chinese Feng Shui Coins Under the Bed
Placing Feng Shui coins under the bed can enhance personal energy and attract prosperity. This placement taps into your subconscious mind during sleep, working to manifest your wealth intentions.
The number of coins should be three, six, or nine, tied together with a red ribbon or thread. The Yang side (with four Chinese characters) should face up, symbolizing the constant flow of heavenly energy into your life. This method can also help to promote a harmonious love relationship if the coins are placed beneath the mattress of a couple’s bed.
8. Hang Feng Shui Coins on the Front Door
Hanging Chinese Feng Shui coins on the front door serves as a protective shield and attracts prosperous energy into your home or office. The coins should be tied in a hangable form using a red ribbon or thread, with the Yang side facing outwards.
If you use three coins, they can be hung on the inside doorknob to attract wealth inside. Six coins offer a stronger cure for attracting wealth and neutralizing harmful influences. Nine coins provide all-encompassing luck and blessings.
Remember to hang the coins at the right height – not too low, so it doesn’t drag the Chi energy down, and not too high, as the Chi energy won’t reach it. Also, ensure they aren’t obstructing the door’s function or causing any inconvenience.
In all these instances, ensure that the Yang side (with four Chinese characters) of the coins faces upwards or outwards.
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Using Chinese Coins in Feng Shui
While Chinese coins are potent tools in Feng Shui, misusing them or not following proper guidelines can lessen their effect or even result in negative energy. Here are some common mistakes to avoid when using Chinese coins in Feng Shui:
- Using the Wrong Number of Coins: As explained before, the numbers three, six, and nine are auspicious in Feng Shui. Using other numbers may not yield the desired results. It’s essential to avoid using four coins, as four is considered an unlucky number because it sounds like “death” in Chinese.
- Placing Coins Randomly: Placing the coins without considering the Bagua map can lead to unbalanced energy. Always place the coins according to Feng Shui principles, taking into account the corresponding sectors of your home or office.
- Using Damaged or Dirty Coins: Damaged or dirty coins can symbolize poverty and bad luck. Always use clean and good quality coins, and replace them if they become damaged or overly tarnished.
- Neglecting the Yang Side: The Yang side of the coin, which has four Chinese characters, should always be facing up to attract auspicious energy. Ignoring this can minimize the effect of the coins.
- Using the Coins for Wrong Intentions: Feng Shui coins should be used with positive intentions and not to harm others or gain at the expense of others. This could invite negative karma.
- Hiding the Coins Completely: While it’s often advised to place the coins subtly, hiding them completely can make them ineffective. The coins should be in a place where they can emit their energy into the room.
- Not Respecting the Coins: The coins should be respected and not treated as a toy or an ordinary object. Disrespecting them can disrupt their energy.
- Ignoring the Red Ribbon or Thread: Tying the coins with a red ribbon or thread activates their energy. Ignoring this can make them less effective.
By avoiding these mistakes, you can ensure that the Chinese coins work in harmony with the principles of Feng Shui, effectively enhancing your luck and prosperity.
Combining Feng Shui Coins with Other Symbolism for Greater Impact
Feng Shui is a holistic approach, and thus, the impact of Chinese coins can be amplified when combined with other symbolic elements. Here’s how:
- With the Money Frog: The money frog, also known as the three-legged toad or money toad, is one of the most powerful symbols of wealth in Feng Shui. A money frog with a Chinese coin in its mouth is considered an extremely auspicious symbol. Positioning the frog facing inwards towards your living room or office symbolizes money coming in, while a coin in its mouth maximizes its money-attracting power.
- With the Laughing Buddha: The Laughing Buddha, carrying gold ingots or sitting on a pile of coins, is another strong symbol of wealth and happiness in Feng Shui. Placing Chinese coins under the statue or around it can augment this effect.
- With the Wealth Vase: A Feng Shui wealth vase is another powerful wealth magnet. It’s typically filled with various wealth-attracting items, including Chinese coins. A wealth vase with Chinese coins symbolizes an abundance of financial assets and is particularly useful in activating the wealth star #8 in Flying Star Feng Shui.
- With Bamboo: The bamboo plant, particularly the Lucky Bamboo, is associated with good fortune and prosperity. Hanging Chinese coins near your bamboo plant or attaching them to the plant’s pot can draw in more prosperity energy.
Remember, combining Chinese coins with other symbols should be done thoughtfully and with intent. The more you understand and respect the symbolism, the more potent its effect will be.
After all, Feng Shui is as much about the movement and balance of energy as it is about symbolism and intent.
Emperor Chinese Coin Configurations for Enhanced Feng Shui
When it comes to Feng Shui Chinese coins, not only the number but also the type of coins can make a significant difference. The term “Emperor Coins” refers to the coins used during the reigns of different emperors.
Here are some prominent configurations:
- Five Emperor Coins (五帝錢 / 五帝幣): This set of coins represents the most powerful emperors in Chinese history and is considered to possess the strongest energy. They are often used for protection and wealth enhancement. The economy of the Qing dynasty was flourishing during the reigns of the 5 emperors, marking a period of strength and prosperity.
- Three Emperor Coins (三帝錢, 三帝钱): Coins of three prosperous emperors tied together are commonly used to stimulate wealth luck and invite prosperity.
- Four Emperor Coins (四帝錢, 四帝钱): This combination is less common and is typically custom-made. It may represent the four cardinal directions, and can be used for balance and stability.
- Six Emperor Coins (六帝錢, 六帝钱): It’s important to note that some dealers have been promoting “Six Emperor Coins” and “Ten Emperor Coins”, which include cash coins produced during the reign of the Daoguang Emperor and later when the Qing dynasty was entering its century of humiliation. For this reason, Feng Shui masters advise against using these coin sets. They are considered inauspicious due to the association with a period of dynastic decline.
- Seven Emperor Coins (七帝錢, 七帝钱): Seven is a highly spiritual number in many cultures. A configuration of seven emperor coins can be used to enhance spiritual awareness and personal growth.
- Eight Emperor Coins (八帝錢, 八帝钱): The number eight in Chinese sounds like ‘wealth’ and is considered very lucky. This configuration is great for attracting prosperity and abundance.
- Nine Emperor Coins (九帝錢, 九帝钱): Nine is the highest single-digit number and signifies completeness and fulfillment. This set can be used to achieve goals and attain overall life fulfillment.
- Ten Emperor Coins (十帝錢, 十帝钱): Though not traditional, ten emperor coins might symbolize completion and an abundance of wealth and prosperity. However, as mentioned above, Feng Shui masters generally advise against using these coin sets due to their historical context.
Remember, the configuration you choose depends on your individual goals and the area of your life you wish to enhance. Always trust your intuition and choose the coins that resonate best with you.
Embrace the Power of Feng Shui Chinese Coins
In the world of Feng Shui, Chinese coins carry a powerful aura of prosperity and wealth. By understanding their history, symbolism, and proper usage, you can harness their energy to enhance your luck.
Are you ready to welcome prosperity into your life with the power of Feng Shui Chinese coins?
What is the meaning of Chinese coins in Feng Shui?
In Feng Shui, Chinese coins are used to attract wealth, abundance, and prosperity. They symbolize a powerful connection between heaven and earth, with the square hole in the center representing earth and the round outer shape symbolizing heaven.
Which side of the Chinese coin should be up in Feng Shui?
In Feng Shui, it is usually recommended to display Chinese coins with the side that has four Chinese characters (symbols) facing up. This is considered the yang side, which attracts auspicious energy.
Where should I put Feng Shui Chinese coins for good luck?
Feng Shui Chinese coins can be placed in various areas for good luck. They can be kept in wallets or purses, placed in your office or work desk, attached to financial documents, or hanged in the wealth sector of your house, which is the southeast corner according to Bagua.
Can I wear Chinese coins as a necklace for luck?
Yes, Chinese coins can be worn as jewelry. It is a common practice to wear a necklace with a Chinese coin pendant as it is believed to attract wealth luck to the wearer.
How many Chinese coins should be used in Feng Shui?
Feng Shui practice usually recommends using three, six, or nine Chinese coins as these are considered lucky numbers. However, the number of coins used can vary based on the specific purpose or area of life you wish to enhance.
Can Chinese coins in Feng Shui help in my business?
Yes, placing Chinese coins in your business area, cash register, or attaching them to your business documents is believed to attract prosperity, increase sales, and invite more clients.